Thursday, February 15, 2007

Where have I been???

Life is never normal for a Preschool Mama and these past few days have been no exception! Let's see....let's start with last Tuesday. I dropped the kidos off at school and drove the 20 miles so I could go to Super Wal-Mart and hoped to stop by the bible bookstore to look around and have a quiet lunch somewhere. I decided to start with lunch. Just as I sat down, my phone rang. It was my Dad calling to see if my sister had found me. Not even two minutes later the phone rang again, I glanced at the # and thought it was Nana. Now what? Instead it was the kidos' teacher. Boo said his tummy hurt, but then she told me the whole story....he had pinched his finger and it bleed. (Not something that regularly happens to him.) He was "as-white-as a sheet" and had "sweat pouring off his forehead" words from his teachers. I had figured that his tummy hurt because he wanted comforted, not because it really hurt. Sure enough within 5 minutes she said he fell asleep. Next, Wednesday, before school Boo jumped off a chair and landed on one of his toys he hadn't put away and scraped his toe....he was scared and would barely even let me put a band-aid on it. Thursday, Sissy tripped and landed on Boo's car crusher and "poked a hole" in her leg (in adult words - scratched her leg). Friday....nothing that I remember. Saturday, when Daddy started the van there was a cat in the engine area, thankfully no damage to cat or van. Sunday, Mama - another wonderful Migraine..luckily Boo went with his Sunday School teacher for the afternoon and Sissy wanted to go to Grandma's while Daddy helped Papa (Mama got to lie down). Monday, pretty normal. Tuesday, ice, sleet, and snow predicted so school was cancled. When Sissy heard the radio, she was mad at the weatherman and want to know if we had her teacher's home # so she could call her; Boo was happy, no school. Sure enough it rained all morning and then around noon it started with freezing rain, turning to sleet, and finally to snow w/ total snow of 2 inches. Wednesday no school. Roads were pretty cleared so went to Grandma and Papa's for afternoon and supper (Daddy was working late.) Daddy brought home special Valentine's a large artist notebook type color book for Sissy and a puzzle for Boo. Boo was "coloring the wrong color" on Sissy's book, so she didn't want him to color with her anymore. Boo got angry and threw a car at her (not a Matchbox or Hot wheel, but one from the Dollar General, read heavy, all metal, with pointy edges). Daddy in the kitchen and Mama doing fun tax stuff at the computer. Sissy yelled something about Boo throwing something at her and she started crying, Daddy took Boo to his room (he had just been warned about throwing things). I meet Sissy in the kitchen, she was crying with her hand by her forehead covered in blood. What does Mama do? Freak out of coarse. I yelled for Daddy, he's much better w/ blood, it's in his job. Ends up she has a small cut in her bangs not much bigger than the end of an inkpen. I know, I know head wounds bleed more, but this was a lot of blood coming out of my poor baby! Boo won't even look at her head because he was afraid he would see blood...so much for my little tuff guy! Anyway, now you know where I've been for the last few days!!

Mama

No comments: